Decadently thick, rich chocolate mousse gets its unbelievably creamy texture from avocado, which is a fabulous source of heart-healthy fats.
- 1 medium-large ripe Hass avocado
- 1/3 cup (30 g) unsweetened natural cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon instant espresso powder, dissolved in 1/2 teaspoon warm water
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor and puree until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides as necessary. (You can add a splash of cold water to thin it out as desired, but I prefer it thick.)
- Spoon into 2 small serving bowls or glasses and serve, or cover with plastic wrap and store refrigerated for up to 3 days before serving.
Nutrition Information: For this recipe, the nutrition information was calculated without any toppings.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Serving Size: 1/2 of recipe
- Calories: 274
- Sugar: 24
- Sodium: 300
- Fat: 12
- Saturated Fat: 2
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 41
- Fiber: 7
- Protein: 4
- Cholesterol: 0