Avocado Chocolate Pudding Parfait with Easy Berry Sauce for Two is deeply chocolatey, healthy, easy to make, and is perfect for date night dessert!
Avocado Chocolate Pudding:
- 1 medium-large ripe Hass avocado
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons pure maple syrup (see Note)
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon instant espresso powder (dissolved in 1/2 teaspoon warm water)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1 1g packet stevia/erythritol blend
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream (whipped to medium peaks (see Note))
- 1 tablespoon chopped dark chocolate or dark chocolate curls
- For the pudding, add all ingredients to a blender or food processor and puree until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides as necessary. (You can add a splash of cold water to thin it out as desired, but I prefer it thick.)
- For the berry sauce, microwave the berries (don’t add water) for 6 minutes at 50% power (they should form a liquidy sauce; I don’t thicken it because I like it liquidy, but you can thicken the sauce with a little fruit pectin or cornstarch if you want). Stir in the stevia, lemon juice, vanilla, and salt, and cool completely.
- Layer the pudding, berry sauce, and whipped cream in 1 large parfait glass. Sprinkle the chopped dark chocolate or chocolate curls on top.
Keto Version: Instead of 4 tablespoons maple syrup in the Chocolate Avocado Pudding, use stevia and/or erythritol to taste. I use 2 (1g) packets of stevia/erythritol blend.
Paleo and Vegan Version: Instead of topping with whipped cream, top with coconut whipped cream. For vegan, use a vegan brand of chocolate (such as Enjoy Life) and for paleo, use stevia-sweetened chocolate (such as Lily's) for topping.
- Prep Time: 12 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 426
- Sugar: 32
- Sodium: 61
- Fat: 25
- Saturated Fat: 8
- Carbohydrates: 55
- Fiber: 13
- Protein: 5
- Cholesterol: 30
Keywords: Avocado Chocolate Pudding