These Classic Chocolate Walnut Brownies are deeply chocolaty with flavor notes of coffee and vanilla to satisfy your most intense chocolate cravings!
- 4 tablespoons grass-fed butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup (115 g) coconut sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon instant espresso powder, dissolved in 1 teaspoon hot water
- 2 oz (60 g) good-quality unsweetened chocolate, melted in a double boiler or microwave and cooled slightly
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (60 g) chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350F; line a 9 by 5-inch loaf pan with 2 pieces of parchment paper so the paper hangs over all 4 sides (and you can lift the brownies out later).
- Cream together the butter and sugar in a large bowl, and then beat in the eggs, vanilla, dissolved espresso, and melted chocolate.
- Sift in the cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt, and stir to combine. Fold in the walnuts.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake until the brownies are set along the outside, about 20 to 22 minutes, being careful not to over-bake. Cool completely before cutting.
- These can be left at room temperature overnight; the next day, transfer any leftovers to the fridge where they’ll keep for about 1 week.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Serving Size: 1 brownie
- Calories: 188
- Sugar: 14
- Sodium: 201
- Fat: 13
- Saturated Fat: 7
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 18
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 3
- Cholesterol: 74