Gluten Free Shortcake made with keto-friendly shortcake biscuits and no-sugar-added macerated peaches will become your new favorite summer dessert!
- 1 1/2 medium-large ripe peaches, chopped (about 1 1/2 cups chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Serve Confectioners
- 7 drops liquid stevia
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon blackstrap molasses
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 4 Keto Shortcake Biscuits (recipe here: https://www.healthysweeteats.com/low-carb-shortcake-gluten-free-biscuits/)
- 4 tablespoons heavy whipping cream, whipped to soft peaks
- Stir together all ingredients for the peach filling. It will thicken and turn somewhat syrupy if you let it sit for about 5 to 10 minutes. You can also use a fork to mash up the fruit a bit if you want it to have a slightly jam-like consistency.
- To serve, slice the biscuits in half. Spoon the peach filling on top, and top with a dollop of whipped cream.
Strawberry Shortcake Option: Use 1 1/2 cups chopped strawberries and omit the molasses and cinnamon.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 365
- Sugar: 9
- Sodium: 694
- Fat: 32
- Saturated Fat: 12
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 16
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 16
- Cholesterol: 117