The natural sweetness of plums is accentuated by roasting; mahlab adds complexity and honey highlights the sweetness.
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil, to grease the dish
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 pinch mahlab
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 3 medium ripe plums (I used red plums, but any kind you like will work), halved and pitted
- 1 tablespoon raw almonds, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400F; grease a 9-inch pie plate or 8 by 8-inch casserole dish with the coconut oil.
- Whisk the honey, water, mahlab, and sea salt together until the honey is dissolved.
- Put the plums (cut side up) into the prepared dish, drizzle on the honey syrup, and sprinkle on the almonds.
- Roast until tender, but not mushy, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve the plums warm, at room temperature, or chilled.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Serving Size: 1/2 of recipe
- Calories: 162
- Sugar: 16
- Sodium: 291
- Fat: 4
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 19
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 2
- Cholesterol: 0