This Keto Hot Butterbeer Latte (inspired by Harry Potter) is a fun fall-inspired vanilla butterscotch hot coffee drink. Whipped cream and gold + white sprinkles on top are optional, but make it extra special.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter (grass-fed if possible)
- 1 tablespoon keto brown sugar
- 4 ounces hot espresso (or 1/2 cup strong hot coffee)
- 1/4 teaspoon butterscotch extract (or up to 3/4 teaspoon depending on your tastes)
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 pinch freshly-grated nutmeg
- 1 cup whole milk (warmed)
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream (whipped to soft peaks (optional))
- 1 teaspoon Keto Sugar Free Caramel Sauce (for topping (optional))
- 1/8 teaspoon gold and white sprinkles (for topping (optional))
- Melt the butter in a small skillet over medium heat; continue cooking until the butter turns golden brown and smells nutty, about 5 minutes, and then remove from the heat.
- Add the browned butter, brown sugar, hot espresso (or strong hot coffee), butterscotch extract, vanilla extract, nutmeg, and milk to a blender and process until foamy, about 1 minute.
- Pour into a serving mug. If desired, top with the whipped cream, caramel sauce, and gold and white sprinkles.
- Serve immediately.
- Net Carbs: 7g per serving (1 serving = 1/2 of recipe)
- If you can't find butterscotch extract, you can substitute with caramel extract.
- Freshly-grated nutmeg makes all the difference here in terms of flavor and aroma.
- To reduce the calories and fat, omit the whipped cream and caramel from the top! Because we blend the espresso (or coffee) with browned butter, your latte will still have a thick, foamy cap.
- For the non-keto version, use regular brown sugar or coconut sugar, and regular caramel on top.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Drinks
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 190
- Sugar: 6
- Sodium: 68
- Fat: 16
- Saturated Fat: 10
- Carbohydrates: 8
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 4
- Cholesterol: 49
Keywords: Butterbeer Latte, Butterbeer Latte Recipe, Harry Potter Butterbeer Latte, Hot Butterbeer Latte