This keto caramel sauce recipe has rich, buttery caramel flavor with a hint of vanilla. It has just 1g net carbs per serving and takes less than 15 minutes to make; you’ll want to drizzle it on everything!
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons granulated erythritol
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon blackstrap molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/8 teaspoon stevia glycerite
- 1/16 teaspoon salt
- Add the butter and granulated erythritol to a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil and then cook until it turns light brown, about 3 to 4 minutes, swirling the saucepan occasionally.
- Add the heavy whipping cream, molasses, vanilla, cream of tartar, stevia glycerite, and salt. Bring to a boil, and then cook until the sauce is thickened slightly (it should coat the back of a wooden spoon), about 3 to 5 minutes. (Don’t overcook it, because it’ll thicken more as it cools and it will set into a thick caramel paste if refrigerated overnight.)
- Serve hot.
- Net Carbs: 1g per serving (each serving is 2 tablespoons)
- If you can't find stevia glycerite, you can omit it and use 1/4 teaspoon liquid stevia extract instead.
- Cool leftover Caramel Sauce to room temperature, and then put it in an airtight container and store it in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. To reheat caramel sauce, put it in a microwave-safe container and heat it in the microwave in 15-second increments (stirring between each increment), or in a double boiler. Note that it will thicken after it’s refrigerated, but it will thin out after reheating.
- Don’t skip the cream of tartar because it helps prevent crystallization so your caramel sauce is silky smooth.
- UPDATE: I now prefer to use allulose instead of erythritol in this recipe. Allulose caramelizes like sugar, but doesn't have a cooling effect and doesn't crystallize. To use allulose instead of erythritol, simply omit the erythritol and add 4 tablespoons granulated or powdered allulose (yes, 4 tablespoons is correct).
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 173
- Sodium: 19
- Fat: 18
- Saturated Fat: 11
- Carbohydrates: 1
- Cholesterol: 61
Keywords: Keto Caramel Sauce, Low Carb Caramel Sauce