Low Carb Chocolate Whoopie Pies with Keto Cheesecake Buttercream are a low carb remake of a classic childhood favorite.
Chocolate Whoopie Pies:
- 140 g (1 1/4 cups) almond flour or meal (both will work here)
- 1/4 cup (20 g) unsweetened natural cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon beef gelatin
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 48 g (about 1/3 cup) Swerve Confectioners
- 4 drops stevia glycerite
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon blackstrap molasses
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup (1/2 batch) of my Low Carb Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting (recipe here: https://www.healthysweeteats.com/vanilla-bean-low-carb-cheesecake-frosting/)
- Preheat the oven to 350F; line 1 large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat liner.
- Whisk together the almond flour, cocoa powder, beef gelatin, baking powder, and salt, in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Beat together the butter and Swerve Confectioners, and then beat in the stevia glycerite, vanilla, molasses, and egg.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet and let the batter rest for 3 minutes.
- Use a 1-tablespoon scoop to measure out the dough. Roll each into a ball and arrange them on the baking sheet about 1 inch apart (they should all fit on 1 large baking sheet). Slightly flatten each ball to a circle about 1 3/4 inches.
- Bake until the cookies are set, about 10 minutes, rotating the tray once halfway through, and then cool completely.
- Once cooled, sandwich 2 cookies together with a slightly heaping 1 tablespoon of buttercream.
- Store the whoopie pies covered in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Prep Time: 45 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 whoopie pie
- Calories: 227kcals
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 89mg
- Fat: 22g
- Saturated Fat: 10g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 4g
- Cholesterol: 59mg