Chocolate Covered Cherries
This Chocolate Covered Cherries recipe pairs juicy sweet cherries and dark chocolate with no added sugar, and whips up in just 10 minutes!
Servings 10 servings
Melt the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl or in a double boiler.
Dip a frozen cherry into the chocolate remove it with a fork, and let the excess chocolate run off. Place the cherry on a parchment paper-lined tray. Continue until all the cherries are dipped.
If desired, sprinkle on a little bit of flaky sea salt before the chocolate sets.
Serve them as soon as possible (I try to serve them within an hour of making them), to avoid the chocolate condensing too much.
- Net Carbs: 6g per serving (2 cherries)
- When you use frozen cherries, you have to dip the cherries while they’re still frozen. This recipe will also work with pitted fresh cherries.
- The chocolate will set almost immediately because the cherries are frozen.
- The flaky sea salt on top is optional. Alternatively, drizzle melted white chocolate on top for an elegant look.
- I prefer to make these about 10 minutes before I want to serve them. This gives the frozen cherry time to thaw, but it’s not long enough so that the chocolate has started to “sweat” (i.e., condense and release liquid) too much. I don’t recommend refrigerating or freezing Chocolate Covered Cherries because it causes them to condense quite a bit.
Serving: 2cherries | Calories: 70kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 2mg | Potassium: 107mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 10IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 9mg | Iron: 1mg