My Favorite Noatmeal (Low-Carb Oat-Free Porridge) is a hearty warm breakfast that can be made on the stovetop or in the microwave for a healthy, quick breakfast that only has 5g net carbs per serving.
- 1/2 cup water (see Note)
- 2 tablespoons hemp hearts
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon golden flaxseed meal
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated stevia/erythritol blend (or any kind of sweetener you like, to taste)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Stovetop Method: Add all ingredients except the vanilla to a small saucepan over low heat. Cook until thickened, stirring constantly, about 3 to 5 minutes; stir in the vanilla. Serve warm.
- Microwave Method: Add all ingredients except the vanilla to a large cereal bowl that’s microwave-safe. Microwave on high until thickened, about 2 minutes; stir in the vanilla. Serve warm.
Net Carbs: 5g per serving
Water: You can use your favorite kind of milk instead, or just stir in a splash of your favorite kind of milk or cream once it’s cooked for a creamier texture. (But IMHO, it really doesn’t need it!)
- Mango Cardamom: Add 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom to the noatmeal; top with 1/4 cup mango puree.
- Maple Walnut: Top with 1 teaspoon maple syrup and 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts.
- Blueberry Pie: Add 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon; stir in 1/3 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen) right before serving.
- Cinnamon Brown Sugar: Add 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon; top with 1 pat grass-fed butter and 1/2 teaspoon coconut sugar.
- Pina Colada: Top with 1/3 cup cubed fresh pineapple and 1 tablespoon unsweetened shredded coconut.
- Almond Joy: Top with 1 tablespoon chocolate chips, 1 tablespoon chopped toasted almonds, and 1 tablespoon unsweetened shredded coconut.
- Prep Time: 1 minute
- Cook Time: 4 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 453
- Sugar: 1
- Sodium: 54
- Fat: 36
- Saturated Fat: 10
- Carbohydrates: 15
- Fiber: 10
- Protein: 18
Keywords: Low Carb Oatmeal