These Orange Shortbread Cookies are crisp, subtly sweet, aromatic with vanilla and orange, and perfect for pairing with a cup of tea.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (softened but not melted)
- 3 tablespoons Swerve Confectioners
- 1 large egg white
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh orange zest
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon stevia glycerite
- 1 1/4 cups almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Beat together the butter and Swerve Confectioners, and then beat in the egg white, orange zest, vanilla, and stevia glycerite. Stir in the almond flour and salt.
- Roll the dough into a log about 6 to 6 1/2-inches long and chill well (1 hour in the freezer or 4 hours in the fridge).
- Preheat the oven to 325F. Line a large baking tray with parchment paper or a silpat liner.
- Slice the dough log into 12 cookies, each about 1/2-inch thick.
- Arrange the cookies on the prepared baking tray and chill in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Bake until the cookies are golden along the outside and on the bottom, about 20 minutes.
- Net Carbs: 2g per serving (each serving is 2 cookies)
- Keep a log of this shortbread dough stashed in the fridge so you can bake up fresh cookies at a moment’s notice; it’s perfect for holiday entertaining!
- For a few different flavor variations, check out the post above. My personal favorite version is the chocolate chip shortbread!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 204
- Sugar: 1
- Sodium: 106
- Fat: 19
- Saturated Fat: 6
- Carbohydrates: 5
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 6
- Cholesterol: 20
Keywords: Orange Shortbread Cookies