This recipe for Soft Keto Sugar Cookies with Vanilla Frosting yields rich, buttery cookies that are crispy outside and soft and chewy inside. They're perfect topped with silky smooth sugar-free vanilla buttercream!
- 1/4 teaspoon beef gelatin
- 1 teaspoon boiling water
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 1/4 cup full-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup Swerve Confectioners
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon stevia glycerite
- 1 cup almond flour
- 4 teaspoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 oz part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Swerve Confectioners
- 1/8 teaspoon stevia glycerite
- 1 pinch salt
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Mix together the beef gelatin and boiling water in a small bowl and stir to dissolve; set aside.
- Cream together the butter, sour cream, Swerve Confectioners, egg, vanilla extract, almond extract, and stevia glycerite in a large bowl and set aside. Beat in the dissolved gelatin.
- Whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, and baking powder in a medium bowl.
- Melt the mozzarella cheese in a microwave (in 30 second increments) or in a double boiler.
- Add the almond flour and mozzarella cheese to the butter mixture and stir vigorously to combine. It might be helpful to knead the dough a bit with oiled hands to help it come together.
- Form the dough into a ball, flatten it slightly into a disk, wrap it in plastic wrap, and refrigerate until chilled. This takes about 2 hours in the fridge or 20 minutes in the freezer.
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper or silpat liners. Roll the cookie dough out between 2 pieces of parchment paper to a circle about 1/4-inch thick. Use a cookie cutter in any shape you like to stamp out the dough into cookies, and then gather the scraps, re-roll, and repeat until the dough is all used. I used a 3-inch circle cookie cutter and got 12 cookies.
- Arrange the cookies on the prepared baking sheets and bake until golden on the bottom, about 12 to 15 minutes, rotating the trays once halfway through. Cool completely before frosting.
- Add the cream, egg yolks, Swerve Confectioners, stevia glycerite, and salt to a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook until the mixture is thickened, about 3 minutes, whisking constantly. Cool to room temperature and then chill.
- Use a handheld electric mixer to cream the butter and vanilla together in a large bowl. Beat in the chilled cream mixture until light and fluffy.
- Frost the cookies; serve.
- Net Carbs: 2g net carbs per frosted cookie
- Store these cookies wrapped in the fridge for up to 1 week. I like to arrange them on a flat tray and not stack them to keep the frosting looking nice. Let them sit at room temperature for 10 minutes before serving.
- In the cookies, instead of Swerve Confectioners, you can use 1/3 cup powdered monk fruit/allulose sweetener. And instead of stevia glycerite, you can use 1/2 teaspoon liquid stevia extract.
- In the frosting, instead of Swerve Confectioners, you can use 2 tablespoons powdered monk fruit/allulose sweetener. And instead of stevia glycerite, you can use 1/4 teaspoon liquid stevia extract.
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 226
- Sodium: 80
- Fat: 21
- Saturated Fat: 10
- Carbohydrates: 3
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 5
- Cholesterol: 91
Keywords: Keto Sugar Cookies, Soft Keto Sugar Cookies