Cherry Cobbler Cheesecake Bars are a celebration of sweet summer cherries! Cheesecake filling and nutty crust take cherry cobbler to a whole new level.
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz/170 g) almond meal
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons clarified butter (ghee), melted
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup whole, raw walnuts (top only)
- 4 oz (115 g) cream cheese, softened slightly
- 1 large egg white
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 1 cup cherry pie filling (homemade or store-bought)
- Preheat the oven to 350F; line an 8 1/2 by 4 1/2-inch loaf pan with parchment paper so it hangs over all 4 sides.
- For the top/bottom crust, pulse together all ingredients except the walnuts in a food processor. Firmly press 2/3 of this into the prepared dish and bake until starting to turn light golden along the outside, about 12 minutes. Once par-baked, poke a few holes in the bottom. Pulse the walnuts into the remaining 1/3 of the crust mixture until they’re coarsely chopped.
- For the cheese filling, beat together all ingredients in a large bowl. Once the crust is par-baked, spread the cheese filling on top and bake 8 minutes.
- Spread the cherry filling on top of the par-baked cheesecake, and sprinkle on the remaining crust mixture. Bake until golden, about 20 minutes. Cool to room temperature, then refrigerate 2 hours.
- Serve, and store any leftovers covered in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Serving Size: 1/8 of recipe
- Calories: 273
- Sugar: 15
- Sodium: 373
- Fat: 18
- Saturated Fat: 6
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 21
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 6
- Cholesterol: 15