Cherry Cobbler Cheesecake Bars are a celebration of sweet summer cherries! Cheesecake filling and nutty crust take cherry cobbler to a whole new level.
Do you remember my Blueberry Almond Streusel Bars? They’re probably one of my top five favorite recipes on this site, and they’re in the rotation of things I regularly make (which is saying a lot! As a food blogger, it’s rare that even a favorite recipe gets made frequently because we’re always looking for new blog content).
Suffice to say, if you haven’t made them yet, I highly recommend remedying that. ;)
Those beautiful blueberry bars served as the inspiration for this recipe. Cherries become the star here, and with the addition of cheesecake, this treat is definitely next-level delicious. Whip up a batch to keep in the fridge for weekday breakfasts or afternoon snacks, and these are also the perfect thing to bring to a summer picnic, potluck, or bbq.
Because of the addition of cheese, these bars are no longer paleo, but they’re still primal. (To keep them paleo, just omit the cheesecake layer.) I used my homemade Cherry Pie Filling to make these bars, but you can go with whatever cherry pie filling you like!
- Top/Bottom Crust:
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz/170 g) almond meal
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons clarified butter (ghee), melted
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup whole, raw walnuts (top only)
- Cheese Filling:
- 4 oz (115 g) cream cheese, softened slightly
- 1 large egg white
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 1 cup cherry pie filling (homemade or store-bought)
- Preheat the oven to 350F; line an 8 1/2 by 4 1/2-inch loaf pan with parchment paper so it hangs over all 4 sides.
- For the top/bottom crust, pulse together all ingredients except the walnuts in a food processor. Firmly press 2/3 of this into the prepared dish and bake until starting to turn light golden along the outside, about 12 minutes. Once par-baked, poke a few holes in the bottom. Pulse the walnuts into the remaining 1/3 of the crust mixture until they’re coarsely chopped.
- For the cheese filling, beat together all ingredients in a large bowl. Once the crust is par-baked, spread the cheese filling on top and bake 8 minutes.
- Spread the cherry filling on top of the par-baked cheesecake, and sprinkle on the remaining crust mixture. Bake until golden, about 20 minutes. Cool to room temperature, then refrigerate 2 hours.
- Serve, and store any leftovers covered in the fridge for up to 3 days.