This paleo-friendly Gluten Free Crepes recipe yields crepes that are lacy and crisp outside, slightly chewy inside, and equally delicious with sweet or savory filling.
- 3/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons milled golden flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/4 cups + 2 tablespoons cold water
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted and cooled slightly (see Note))
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 drop liquid stevia
- Whisk together the tapioca starch, coconut flour, milled golden flaxseed, salt, and baking powder in a large bowl. Whisk in the water, butter, egg, vinegar, and stevia until well-combined. Let the batter rest 3 minutes (it will thicken a bit).
- Heat an 8-inch nonstick skillet over just over medium heat.
- Once the skillet is hot, add 1/4 cup of batter and pick the skillet up and rotate it to spread the batter out. Cook until light golden on both sides, about 3 to 5 minutes on the first side and 2 to 4 minutes on the second side. Transfer the cooked crepe to a plate. (If you have another similar skillet, you can have 2 going at the same time to speed up the cooking process.)
- Cook the remaining batter the same way (you should get about 8 crepes).
- Serve, or store wrapped in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Net Carbs: 12g per serving (1 crepe)
- Instead of whisking the batter by hand, you can blend it in a blender or food processor if you prefer.
- Paleo Version: Instead of the butter use coconut oil or ghee.
- Serving Suggestion: Serve these with Sugar Free Strawberry Jam; I used blueberries instead of strawberries to make this jam and it was delicious!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Breakfast, Brunch
- Cuisine: French
- Calories: 137
- Sugar: 1
- Sodium: 318
- Fat: 8
- Saturated Fat: 5
- Carbohydrates: 15
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 2
- Cholesterol: 36
Keywords: Crêpes, Gluten Free Crepes, Paleo Friendly Crepes