This paleo-friendly Gluten Free Crepes Recipe yields crepes that are lacy and crisp outside, slightly chewy inside, and equally delicious with sweet or savory filling. They’re perfect for a special occasion breakfast or holiday brunch!
The first time I had crepes was in French Club during high school. (Yup, I was a total nerd and I loved French Club, lol!) We made them at an after school meeting one day. You know the story, it was love at first bite.
I usually make Julia Child’s crepe recipe. (Because why reinvent the wheel or mess with perfection?) But I was on a mission to come up with a gluten free version, so that’s what I did!
It’s funny how blogging serves as a time-marker for life events.
I made these crepes back in June, about three weeks before heading to Paris for the summer.
I had all things France-related on my mind, and I had a craving for crepes something fierce.
At that time I was packing up my entire apartment, getting ready to put everything in a storage unit in Central Florida and head to Europe for the summer before coming back Stateside and buying a house.
In an attempt to clean out my pantry, the idea to play around with a Gluten Free Crepes recipe seemed like a good one.
I wasn’t anticipating this result. I actually like these just as much as regular crepes!
These are lacy and crisp outside and slightly chewy inside. And they’re equally wonderful with a sweet or savory filling.
Gluten Free Crepes Recipe – Paleo Friendly Crepes
This delicious recipe is gluten free, sugar free, and easy to make paleo!
Gluten Free Crepe Ingredients:
- Tapioca starch
- Coconut flour
- Milled golden flaxseed
- Baking powder
- Unsalted butter
- Apple cider vinegar
- Liquid stevia
How to Make Crepes:
- Whisk the batter in a large bowl (or blend it in a blender or food processor).
- Heat a small nonstick skillet.
- Add a scoop of batter to the hot skillet and cook, flipping once.
- Continue until all the batter is cooked into crepes.
More Paleo Friendly Breakfast Ideas:
- Paleo Cranberry Orange Walnut Bread
- Coconut Rum Paleo Banana Bread
- Banana Blueberry Breakfast Cookies
- Paleo Cream of Wheat Style Porridge
Did you make this recipe? Please rate it and leave a comment below because I love hearing from you! You can also tag @anediblemosaic and #healthysweeteats on social media. To stay up-to-date FOLLOW ME on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook. Xoxo, Faith
Gluten Free Crepes
- Whisk together the tapioca starch, coconut flour, milled golden flaxseed, salt, and baking powder in a large bowl. Whisk in the water, butter, egg, vinegar, and stevia until well-combined. Let the batter rest 3 minutes (it will thicken a bit).
- Heat an 8-inch nonstick skillet over just over medium heat.
- Once the skillet is hot, add 1/4 cup of batter and pick the skillet up and rotate it to spread the batter out. Cook until light golden on both sides, about 3 to 5 minutes on the first side and 2 to 4 minutes on the second side. Transfer the cooked crepe to a plate. (If you have another similar skillet, you can have 2 going at the same time to speed up the cooking process.)
- Cook the remaining batter the same way (you should get about 8 crepes).
- Serve, or store wrapped in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Net Carbs: 12g per serving (1 crepe)
- Instead of whisking the batter by hand, you can blend it in a blender or food processor if you prefer.
- Paleo Version: Instead of the butter use coconut oil or ghee.
- Serving Suggestion: Serve these with Sugar Free Strawberry Jam; I used blueberries instead of strawberries to make this jam and it was delicious!
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links to products we believe in, which means that even though it doesn’t cost you anything extra, Healthy Sweet Eats will receive a small amount of money from the sale of these items.