One of my all-time favorite snack is dates with almond butter, and another combo I’m crazy about is apple with cinnamon and almond butter.
I’m telling you, if almond butter is involved, it’s hard for me not to love a snack. Not only is it delicious, but there’s the whole healthy fat satiation factor.
My Cinnamon Almond Chai Latte features almond butter and is ridiculously easy to make; just add everything to a high-speed blender and let it go for 3 minutes. Super simple, and it’s only 5 ingredients to boot.
You can use decaf or regular black tea here, but I like to make sure it’s organic since the leaves are processed into the drink. The end result is a rich and creamy tea that’s flavored with almond, scented with cinnamon, and topped with indulgent latte-like foam. Snack attack solved.
Oh, and while I usually just have the whole drink myself, you can be sweet and share if you want (or just double the recipe). ;)
- 1 cup (240 ml) boiling water
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond butter
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar (or more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon organic loose-leaf black tea (see Note)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender and process for 3 minutes.