With warm weather here, cold drinks are back to being a la mode. (But I confess, I love iced coffee so much I happily shiver my way through it in February.)
There’s nothing I enjoy more on warm day when I’m out and about running errands than making a pit stop first thing at a coffee shop for a cold drink of some kind. Why not just eliminate the need for an extra stop and make something healthier at home?
My 5-Ingredient Skinny Mocha Frappuccino is my answer for those times when I want something refreshing, but just a little different from my regular iced coffee. Notes of chocolate and vanilla pull out the natural complexity of flavor in coffee, and full-fat coconut milk adds a touch of richness along with healthy fat. If coconut milk isn’t your thing though, feel free to swap it out for half and half or whatever you take in your coffee.
(And I admit, I didn’t count the ice in the 5 ingredients. I think water and ice are freebies, lol.)
As you can image is the case with a lot of Starbucks-inspired recipes, there are several Skinny Mocha Frap recipes floating around the internet; here are a few that looked particularly fabulous to me:
Healthy Starbucks Mocha Frappuccino from The Lemon Bowl
Skinny Double Chocolaty Chip Frappuccino from Amy’s Healthy Baking
Skinny Starbucks Frappuccino from Dashing Dish
What’s your favorite coffee shop drink?
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) strong black coffee, cooled to room temperature
- 2 tablespoons canned unsweetened, full-fat coconut milk, stirred before measuring
- 1 1/2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Stevia, to taste (I start with about 1/2 packet, which is 1/4 teaspoon powdered stevia, and work up from there)
- 6 to 8 large ice cubes
- Add the coffee, coconut milk, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, and stevia to a blender; process until combined, and then add the ice and process until pulverized. Serve immediately.