So, cookie dough. Sigh.
For as long as I can remember, that has been one of the few things that I just can’t resist a swipe of, even though I know it’s completely taboo.
Raw egg issues aside, cookie dough just isn’t something that most of us who are trying to eat healthier want to indulge in, even if it is something that we want to indulge in (or at least something we can’t resist!).
Not to worry because I have all your chocolate chip cookie dough desires covered with my Chocolate Chip Banana Cookie Dough Truffles.
Here I used mashed banana as both the cookie dough base and main sweetener. You will be able to taste the banana in the final result, but not in an in-your-face kind of way. Taste-wise these truffles actually are surprisingly similar to chocolate chip cookie dough, and texturally they’re also pretty darn close to the real deal.
I usually coat these truffles in 65% dark chocolate, but if the sugar from the chocolate is a concern, you can skip the chocolate coating altogether – they’re still fantastic. And here’s the nutrition info per serving (3 truffles) if you skip the chocolate coating: 133 calories; 9 g total fat; 4 g saturated fat; 5 g unsaturated fat; 0 g trans fat; 13 g carbohydrates; 5 g sugar; 37 mg sodium; 3 g fiber; 3 g protein; 8 mg cholesterol.
The best part (other than the fact that you get to stuff your face with cookie dough!) is that this recipe only needs about 20 minutes of hands-on time. So when a cookie dough craving hits (come on, it happens to the best of us), it won’t be too long before the crisis is averted and the craving satisfied. ;)Print
Chocolate Chip Banana Cookie Dough Truffles
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 12 truffles 1x
Cookie dough lovers will love these truffles; they're sweetened with banana and there's no worrying about raw egg!
- 1 medium very ripe banana
- 1 tablespoon unsalted grass-fed butter, slightly softened
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon molasses
- 1/16 teaspoon fine salt
- 2 ½ tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 ½ tablespoons almond meal
- 2 tablespoons stevia-sweetened mini chocolate chips
- 5 oz (140 g) 65% dark couverture chocolate
- Mash the banana, butter, vanilla, and molasses together in a medium bowl. Stir in the salt, coconut flour, and almond meal until completely combined, and then mix in the mini chocolate chips.
- Roll the dough into 1 tablespoon-sized balls and chill in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Once the dough balls are fully chilled, melt the couverture chocolate in a double boiler or the microwave.
- Dip the truffles in the melted chocolate and place them on a wire rack set above a cookie sheet so the chocolate can set and the excess chocolate can drip off.
- Store leftover truffles layered between parchment paper in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Serving Size: 3 truffles
- Calories: 333
- Sugar: 17
- Sodium: 36
- Fat: 22
- Saturated Fat: 11
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 31
- Fiber: 8
- Protein: 5
- Cholesterol: 8
[…] Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Banana Truffles […]
[…] Chocolate Chip Banana Cookie Dough Truffles – Healthy Sweet Eats […]