When it comes to eating healthy, homemade meals are the way to go.
But eating at home requires planning, as well as a method to get it all done. Not to mention lots of motivation to want to do it because the task of menu planning, shopping, meal prep, and cooking for three meals a day (plus snacks) for however many people you have to feed is almost another part-time job!
I have a few tricks up my sleeve so I don’t get burned out. (Because we all know what happens when we get burned out – that’s when the drive-thru at the local donut chain starts to look pretty good.)
I like to keep the fridge and pantry stocked with ready-to-eat healthy snacks that you can grab when there’s no time for anything else – things that can even double as a quick breakfast or lunch in a pinch!
- Carrot/celery sticks + homemade hummus
- Apples + peanut butter or almond butter
- Guacamole + sprouted tortilla chips
- Yogurt/cottage cheese
- Hard-boiled eggs
- Toasted nuts/seeds (I keep a jar of mixed toasted nuts right on my kitchen counter)
- Deli-sliced turkey breast (rolled up in lettuce with a slice of tomato it’s like a quick low-carb sandwich)
Add Pineapple and Cream Bowls to the list because it’s an incredibly satiating snack, small meal, or dessert. It reminds me of Pineapple Upside-Down Cake, but the healthier, fresher, no-bake version. ;)
I used my recipe for Cashew Cream to make this!Print