Whip up this Low Carb Easy Pancake Muffin Recipe to satisfy your sweet pancake cravings without the carbs!
Pancakes are generally reserved for special mornings in my house. On the other hand, because you can grab them on the go, muffins are perfect for any day. It’s the best of both worlds when your muffins taste like pancakes…and are low carb too! These muffins have a moist, tender crumb and subtly sweet flavor with a hint of maple, thanks to the addition of a little funugreek.
How to Make Pancake Muffins
A common question is how to make pancake muffins from pancake mix. Because this is such a fast and nearly effortless method to make muffins, I can see why it’s appealing. Here’s how to do it:
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a muffin tray with paper liners.
- Use your favorite pancake mix to prepare the batter.
- Mix in anything you like in your pancakes, such as blueberries, chocolate chips, banana slices, etc. (About 1 tablespoon of mix-ins per muffin is a good ratio.)
- Scoop ¼-cup of batter into each lined muffin well.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 12 to 15 minutes.
The resulting muffins are basically pancakes in muffin form! Not quite as fluffy as regular muffins, although you can make them fluffier by adding an additional egg to the batter. Muffins made from pancake batter also aren’t as sweet as regular muffins, but you can sprinkle a bit of coarse sugar on top before baking, which looks pretty and adds a touch of sweetness. Alternatively, you can serve pancake muffins with a drizzle of honey or maple syrup on top, the way you’d eat pancakes.
This Low Carb Easy Pancake Muffin recipe is scratch-made instead of using a mix, but you probably have just about everything in a well-stocked keto pantry!
What is the Main Difference Between a Pancake Recipe and a Muffin Recipe?
Batter for pancakes is different from batter for muffins in a few ways. First, pancake batter has less sugar. Additionally, pancake batter is usually thinner than muffin batter because of the use of more liquid (usually milk). Lastly, muffin batter typically uses more leavener, such as baking powder or baking soda.
What is the Difference Between Muffins and Cupcakes?
It’s sometimes said that the biggest difference between muffins and cupcakes is whether or not the top is frosted! Frosting is one way to immediately differentiate a muffin from a cupcake, but there are a few other main differences as well.
Cupcakes are sweeter with a finer, less dense and less coarse texture than muffins. This is because cupcakes have more sugar and more fat than muffins. Additionally, the type of fat used is different; muffins frequently use oil and cupcakes typically contain butter.
Another distinguishing difference is that cupcakes are always sweet, although muffins can be either sweet or savory.
How to Make Muffins From Scratch
Muffins are quite easy to make from scratch, and it’s likely that you already have all the ingredients on hand. They’re also fun to customize!
Basic Muffin Recipe
When I’m making regular muffins (instead of something like this Low Carb Easy Pancake Muffin Recipe, which is keto and gluten free), this is the basic recipe I use:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
⅓ cup sugar
¾ cup milk
¼ cup neutral-flavored oil
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 cup of blueberries, chopped nuts, chocolate chips, tossed with 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour (optional)
Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar in a large bowl. Whisk together the milk, oil, eggs, and vanilla in a medium bowl. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and combine, being careful not to over-mix (the batter should be lumpy). Fold in any mix-ins you're using. Line a muffin tray with paper liners and fill each ⅔ full with batter. Bake in a 375F oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 20 to 25 minutes.
Ingredients in This Low Carb Easy Pancake Muffin Recipe:
- Avocado oil
- Swerve Confectioners
- Pure vanilla extract
- Stevia glycerite
- Almond flour
- Golden flaxseed meal
- Tapioca flour
- Baking powder
More Gluten Free Muffin Recipe Inspiration:
- Gluten Free Cranberry Orange Pecan Cornbread Muffins from An Edible Mosaic
- Gluten Free Banana Muffins from One Lovely Life
- Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins from Gluten-Free Baking
- Red Velvet Muffins from Healthy Sweet Eats
Low Carb Easy Pancake Muffin Recipe
- Total Time: 28 mins
- Yield: 4 muffins, 4 servings 1x
These muffins have a moist, tender crumb and subtly sweet flavor with a hint of maple, thanks to the addition of a little funugreek.
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons Swerve Confectioners
- 1 large egg
- ¾ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon stevia glycerite
- ½ cup almond flour
- 1 tablespoon golden flaxseed meal
- 1 tablespoon tapioca flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon fenugreek
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350F; line 4 muffin wells in a muffin tray with paper liners.
- Whisk together the oil, Swerve Confectioners, egg, vanilla, and stevia glycerite in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the almond flour, flaxseed meal, tapioca flour, baking powder, cinnamon, funugreek, and salt.
- Whisk the dry ingredients into the wet all at once.
- Divide the batter between the 4 lined muffin wells. Bake until a wooden pick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 15 to 18 minutes.
Net Carbs: 3g per muffin
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 18 mins
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 207kcals
- Sugar: 0g
- Sodium: 89mg
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 4g
- Cholesterol: 40mg
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links to products we believe in, which means that even though it doesn’t cost you anything extra, Healthy Sweet Eats will receive a small amount of money from the sale of these items.
[…] Muffin Trays for egg cups, fat bombs, and of course keto muffins […]
[…] Low Carb Easy Pancake Muffin Recipe from Healthy Sweet Eats […]
[…] Low Carb Easy Pancake Muffin Recipe […]
[…] Easy Pancake Muffin Recipe […]
[…] Low Carb Easy Pancake Muffin Recipe […]
[…] Easy Pancake Muffins […]