This Low Carb Grain Free Granola Recipe uses a mix of nuts and coconut flakes for texture and crunch, and cherries and chocolate make it perfect for dessert or breakfast.
Are you a breakfast eater? I go through breakfast phases.
Sometimes I'll take the time to make eggs, other times I grab something quick like cottage cheese or yogurt. Most days I just whip up a green smoothie.
But if I have this delicious Low Carb Grain Free Granola stashed in my pantry, it's definitely a top breakfast choice. And the best part is, it tastes decadent enough to double as dessert!
Not only is this an easy, delicious breakfast, dessert, or snack, but in the long run it's cheaper to make homemade granola.
Pro Tip: For the most cost-effective way to make this granola, buy ingredients like nuts and dried fruit in bulk.
Low Carb Grain Free Granola Recipe
Here's what you're going to love about this recipe:
- It's full of nutrient-dense ingredients, it has no-added-sugar, and it's gluten free, grain free, egg free, dairy free, low carb, and vegan.
- You can easily customize this granola to suit your taste preferences.
- This recipe is very easy to make! It bakes in the oven in about 15 minutes.
- Making homemade granola instead of buying it at the store will save you money.
- This granola is healthy enough for breakfast, but decadent enough for dessert!
What is Grain Free Granola Made Of?
Regular granola typically has a base of rolled oats. However, Grain Free Granola is completely different!
Grain Free Granola is usually made of ingredients such as nuts, seeds, coconut flakes, dried fruit, etc. It usually has a delicious crunchy texture from nuts, and dried fruit adds sweet bursts of flavor.
Additionally, because Grain Free Granola is comprised of things like nuts as the base, it's usually Low Carb Granola. (Of course this also depends on the other ingredients you add and the sweetener you use.)
Grain Free Granola Ingredients in This Recipe:
- Coconut oil
- Granulated erythritol
- Vanilla bean paste
- Stevia glycerite
- Whole unsalted cashews
- Whole unsalted almonds
- Unsweetened coconut flakes
- No sugar added dried cherries
- Stevia-sweetened chocolate chips or dark chocolate chunks
How to Make Low Carb Grain Free Granola
Granola is very easy to make at home. For this recipe, it's basically just a matter of toasting the ingredients in the oven.
The nuts need a little longer in the oven than the coconut. The dried fruit and chocolate chips are added after the other ingredients are cooled.
How Long Does Homemade Granola Last?
You can store this granola in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 month.
This Low Carb Granola has stevia-sweetened chocolate chips, which add just the right amount of chocolate flavor without overwhelming the other flavors.
If you prefer your granola without chocolate, just omit the chocolate chips.
And on the other hand, if you like more of a chocolate flavor, add 2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder and increase the granulated erythritol to 3 tablespoons.
How to Customize This Granola Recipe
One of the best things about making granola at home instead of buying store-bought granola is that you can customize it to suit your tastes!
The easiest way to do this is to swap out the cashews and almonds for any type of raw, unsalted nuts or seeds you like. I also like to use pecans, walnuts, and sunflower seeds.
Additionally, you can use your favorite type of dried fruit (just look for no-sugar-added or low-sugar options). Dried cranberries are another favorite of mine.
And instead of vanilla, you could use a different type of extract, such as coconut extract or almond extract. Or add cinnamon or other warm spices to flavor your granola if you prefer.
More Grain Free Granola Recipes:
- Cardamom, Almond, and Fig Granola
- Low Carb Apple Cinnamon Granola
- Healthy Granola Recipe with Cashews and Coconut
- Low Carb Pumpkin Spice Gluten Free Granola
Did you make this recipe? Please rate it and leave a comment below because I love hearing from you! You can also tag @anediblemosaic and #healthysweeteats on social media. To stay up-to-date FOLLOW ME on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook. Xoxo, Faith
Low Carb Grain Free Granola Recipe with Cherries, Coconut, and Chocolate Chips
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 2 tablespoons granulated erythritol
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste
- ¼ teaspoon stevia glycerite
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups raw cashews coarsely chopped
- 1 cup raw almonds coarsely chopped
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup no sugar added dried cherries
- ¾ cup stevia-sweetened chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325Line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- Stir together the coconut oil, erythritol, vanilla bean paste, stevia glycerite, and salt in a large bowl. Toss in the cashews and almonds until coated.
- Spread the nut mixture out onto the prepared baking tray and bake 10 minutes.
- Stir in the coconut flakes, and then bake until golden, about 4 to 5 minutes more.
- Cool completely, and then toss in the cherries and chocolate chips.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 month.
- Net Carbs: 9g per serving
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links to products we believe in, which means that even though it doesn’t cost you anything extra, Healthy Sweet Eats will receive a small amount of money from the sale of these items.