This gluten free paleo Cranberry Orange Bread recipe is aromatic with orange and warm spices, and subtly sweet. It has lovely sweet/tart flavor bursts thanks to fresh cranberries. And it’s easy to make, and perfect for breakfast or snack time!
Chilly fall and winter evenings are perfect for snuggling up with cozy blankets and mugs of steaming hot chocolate. And chilly days are perfect for baking.
Fresh cranberries are easy to find at the grocery store in the fall. But I buy them as long as I can find them!
I make cranberry sauce for topping yogurt, oatmeal (or my noatmeal), and toast. And also, because I like to add fresh cranberries to baked goods to bump up the nutrition and for some seasonal wintry flair.
This recipe for Cranberry Orange Bread was adapted from my recipe for Best Paleo Sandwich Bread over on my other blog, An Edible Mosaic. Because it’s by far my favorite paleo bread! (It has great flavor and texture, and also keeps well in the fridge.)
Here I jazzed that bread up with fresh cranberries, orange zest, walnuts, vanilla, and warm spics. And a bit of coconut sugar adds a touch of sweetness.
This Orange Cranberry Bread recipe is perfect for breakfast or a snack along with a cup of coffee. And I like it even better toasted and topped with a pat of butter!
What is Quick Bread?
Quick bread is bread that’s not leavened with yeast. Many quick breads are leavened with baking powder and/or baking soda.
What Are Some Types of Quick Bread?
A few common types of quick bread include:
- Banana Bread
- Zucchini Bread
- Pumpkin Bread
How to Make Quick Bread
Here are the basic steps for how to make quick bread:
- Whisk the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Use a wooden spoon to stir the wet ingredients into the dry.
- Pour the batter into a loaf pan and bake in a pre-heated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with just a couple crumbs.
- Cool, and then slice and enjoy!
The Best Gluten Free Cranberry Orange Bread Recipe
This paleo recipe for Cranberry Orange Bread is very easy to make! It’s similar to any other quick bread recipe. The main difference is that it uses gluten free flours and paleo-friendly coconut sugar.
Here's what you're going to love about this delicious gluten free bread:
- Gluten free and paleo. Even without the gluten, this bread is incredible! It slices perfectly and has great texture and flavor.
- Festive flavor. With cranberry and orange, it's perfect for the holidays and continuing into January.
- Like any other quick bread recipe, it's quick and easy to make. The batter isn't fussy. It's a matter of whisking together the dry ingredients and wet ingredients in separate bowls, and then combining them and baking!
Cranberry Orange Bread FAQs
Does Cranberry Bread Need to be Refrigerated?
You can store this Cranberry Orange Bread wrapped at room temperature for 2 days. After that, move it to the fridge for up to 3 days more.
Can You Substitute Dried Cranberries for Fresh in This Cranberry Orange Bread Recipe?
Do You Have to Cook Cranberries Before Baking?
No, you don’t need to cook fresh cranberries before baking! They will soften as this bread cooks.
More Gluten Free Bread Recipes to MakeInstagram, Twitter, and Facebook. Xoxo, Faith Print
This post was first published on Healthy Sweet Eats on December 29, 2016. It was updated with more information on November 29, 2021.