These nutrient-dense, caffeinated Pick-Me-Up Chewy Apricot-Almond Bars are perfect for snacking on when you need a natural burst of energy.
I’m not usually a big snacker, but some days I just need a little something after a long workout or to carry me through from lunch to dinner. These are the perfect thing to keep on hand for healthy snacking.
These bars are not only energizing because of nourishing, nutrient-dense ingredients like chia seeds and Medjool dates, but they’re also caffeinated thanks to the addition of tea. They’re great as a mid-morning or early-afternoon pick-me-up, just be careful not to eat them too late in the day so they don’t keep you up at night!
- 3/4 cup (120 g) unsulphured dried apricots
- 6 pitted (120 g) Medjool dates
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened creamy almond butter (or tahini)
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 small pinch sea salt
- 1 bag organic black tea, cut open to remove the tea leaves
- 1/4 cup (30 g) sliced almonds, toasted and cooled
- Add the apricots and dates to a food processor and process until finely chopped. Add the almond butter, chia seeds, cinnamon, salt, and tea leaves and process until it forms a ball of dough. Add the sliced almonds and pulse a couple times to combine.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of a 9 by 5-inch loaf pan that’s been lined with plastic wrap or parchment paper. Cover and refrigerate until firm before cutting, about 2 hours.
- Cut into 10 small bars and store them wrapped in the fridge for up to 1 month.