This Easy Mango Frozen Yogurt recipe has a rich, creamy texture and a bright fruity flavor. It whips up easily in a high-speed blender for a healthy frozen treat to satisfy your ice cream cravings.
If you read my other blog (An Edible Mosaic), you may already know that I am a sucker for mangoes.
Alphonso mangoes in particular have my heart. It's a love affair that I picked up while living in Kuwait where my niece and I would make Mango Soft Serve with them. However, they’re next to impossible to find here in DC!
I’ve settled for what I consider to be the next best thing, Ataulfo or Champagne mangoes, which are also pretty fabulous.
This rich and creamy frozen treat is a play on the flavors of one of my favorite drinks, the Mango Lassi. It has a bright, fruity flavor that's a nice balanced sweet/tart flavor.
The Best Easy Mango Frozen Yogurt Recipe
In this recipe, honey accentuates the natural sweetness of mango.
Yogurt adds a touch of tang.
A hint of cardamom adds depth.
A splash of vanilla enhances the aroma.
And last but not least, just a little sea salt helps pull out all the other flavors.
Mango Frozen Yogurt Recipe Ingredients
- Ripe mangoes
- Sea Salt
How to Make Mango Frozen Yogurt
This no churn frozen yogurt recipe is very easy to make!
Just flash freeze peeled, chopped mango or buy frozen mango chunks.
Add the frozen mango and all other ingredients to a high-speed blender and process until smooth and creamy.
Equipment for This Recipe
Variations on This Recipe
- Paleo. To keep it paleo, use canned unsweetened full-fat coconut milk instead of yogurt.
- Vegan. For the vegan version, use maple syrup instead of honey and canned unsweetened full-fat coconut milk instead of yogurt.
- Blend with banana. Use half frozen mango and half frozen banana!
Tips for Making Mango Frozen Yogurt
- Make sure to use frozen mangoes, or fresh mangoes that are peeled, chopped, and flash frozen.
- To flash freeze mango (or any fruit), chop it, spread it out on a parchment paper-lined baking tray, and freeze until solid, about 2 hours. Use it in a recipe or transfer it to a zip-top plastic bag, label it with the contents and date, and freeze it for up to 6 months.
- Instead of flash freezing fresh mango, you can use store-bought frozen mango chunks.
- If you like your frozen yogurt soft-serve style, enjoy it right after blending.
- Or if you prefer firmer ice cream-style consistency, transfer it to a freezer-safe dish. Cover and freeze for 2 hours.
Mango Frozen Yogurt Recipe FAQs
Should I Freeze Yogurt to Make This Frozen Yogurt?
No, here we need the yogurt chilled, but not frozen. For this recipe, we need the little bit of liquid that the yogurt provides to help the frozen yogurt blend properly.
How is This Frozen Yogurt Different From a Smoothie?
They have a lot of similar ingredients, but the main difference is that this frozen yogurt is much thicker than a smoothie. You will need a spoon to eat this Mango Frozen Yogurt Recipe!
More Mango Recipes to Make
- Vanilla Mango Preserves
- Paleo Mango Coconut Almond Bars
- Mango Meyer Lemon Margarita Mocktails
- 10 Minute No Cook Mango Curd
Did you make this recipe? Please rate it and leave a comment below because I love hearing from you! You can also tag @anediblemosaic and #healthysweeteats on social media. To stay up-to-date FOLLOW ME on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook. Xoxo, FaithPrint