Easy No-Churn Mango Lassi Frozen Yogurt whips up easily in a high-speed blender for a healthy frozen treat to satisfy your ice cream cravings.
If you read my other blog (An Edible Mosaic), you may already know that I am a sucker for mangos. Alphonso mangos in particular have my heart (a love affair that I picked up while living in Kuwait; my niece and I used to make Mango Soft Serve with them), but they’re next to impossible to find here in DC. I’ve settled for what I consider to be the next best thing, Ataulfo or Champagne mangos, which are also pretty fabulous.
This rich and creamy frozen yogurt is a play on the flavors of one of my favorite drinks. Honey accentuates the natural sweetness of mango, yogurt adds a touch of tang, a hint of cardamom adds depth, and a splash of vanilla enhances the aroma.
And mangos are renowned for their health benefits, making this treat even more appealing.
This is the perfect refreshment on a hot day!
- 4 cups chopped fresh, ripe mangos (from about 4 mangos; I prefer Champagne/Ataulfo mangos or Alphonso mangos for this)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup plain, unsweetened yogurt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the chopped mango out in an even layer. Freeze 12 hours (or overnight).
- Add the frozen mango and all remaining ingredients to a high-speed blender and process until smooth and creamy, about 1 minute, tamping down as necessary.
- For soft serve-style frozen yogurt, serve immediately.
- For a firmer ice cream-style consistency, pour the mango mixture into a freezer-safe bowl. Cover and freeze 2 hours or longer (if you freeze 8 hours or more, you may want to let it sit at room temperature for 10 to 15 minutes before serving).