Low Carb No Bake Cheesecake Mousse with Fresh Strawberry Sauce has just 5g net carbs per serving (net carbs = total carbs – fiber), which is much less than a traditional cheesecake, but it's every bit as satisfying! To reduce the carbs even more, make half a batch of the strawberry sauce.
It doesn’t happen all that often, but I love when I have a dessert epiphany and come up with a single recipe that lends itself so well to tons of different – yet all equally delicious – variations of itself. Like the perfect brownie base that you can add whatever you want to, addictive little dried fruit and nut bites that you can switch up to suit your fancy, or a really great all-purpose cookie dough (I'm still working on developing my favorite healthy all-purpose cookie dough!).
For me, my Low-Carb No-Bake Buttermint Cheesecake Mousse is that type of recipe. I’ve made at least 15 different fruit, chocolate, coconut, nut butter, etc. versions of it and it never gets old. If you’re a cheesecake-lover, I think you’ll adore this low-carb version that features seasonal strawberries.
To reduce the amount of carbs even more, only make half the sauce. This dessert is similar to what is known as a "fat bomb" in the keto world; a great way to add healthy fats into your diet.
No Bake Cheesecake Mousse
The basic idea of no bake cheesecake mousse is that you beat cream cheese with powdered sugar, and then fold in whipped cream to give it a light and fluffy mousse-like texture. The sky is the limit in terms of flavors; peppermint, chocolate, coffee, cherry, pina colada, etc. I also make a killer low carb version of Watergate Salad, which is basically pistachio cheesecake mousse with pineapple and cherries. Any flavor combination you can think of is fair game.
Vanilla Cheesecake Mousse Recipe
Here I made the base low carb no bake cheesecake mousse and flavored it with both vanilla extract (for flavor) and vanilla bean paste (for deeper vanilla flavor, plus pretty vanilla flecks). I find that a base of vanilla-flavored no bake cheesecake mousse is perfect for topping with just about any fruit sauce you can think of!
Strawberry Cheesecake Mousse Recipe
I whipped up a quick fresh strawberry sauce to serve on top of this low carb no bake cheesecake mousse. This dessert ends up being similar to a slice of cheesecake with strawberry sauce, but alternatively, you could mix the strawberry sauce into the mousse instead of serving it on top. This treat is sure a crowd-pleaser with both keto and non-keto eaters, and it’s perfect for bringing to parties and potlucks.
Cheesecake Mousse Filling
If you want an easy cheesecake mousse filling for pie, this recipe is it! Just whip it up and spread it into your favorite pre-made store-bought or pre-baked homemade pie crust.
Keto Desserts – What Desserts Can You Have on the Keto Diet?
There are a lot of keto-friendly desserts that are low in carbs and easy to fit into a ketogenic lifestyle. I make all kinds of keto treats, including ice cream, cakes, cookies, muffins, and candy. Here are some of my favorite low carb and keto desserts:
- The Best Fudgy Low Carb Keto Brownies from An Edible Mosaic
- Keto Crunchy Chocolate Chip Cookies from The Keto Queens
- Low Carb Cinnamon Roll Muffins from The Big Man’s World
- Keto Cupcakes with Buttercream Frosting and Candied Bacon from Lara Clevenger
- 5 Minute Low Carb Mixed Berry Nice Cream from Healthy Sweet Eats
Can I Eat Cheesecake on Keto?
Yes, you can eat cheesecake on keto! Cheesecake is actually a very easy dessert to make keto-friendly because it’s naturally high in fat. Sweeten your cheesecake with a low carb sugar alternative such as erythritol or stevia, and make a low carb crust with nuts.
Quick Keto Cheesecake
This low carb no bake cheesecake mousse is about as quick and easy as dessert recipes go! It’s basically instant cheesecake, just beat cream cheese and sweetener and fold in whipped cream.
Low Carb Crustless Cheesecake
When I’m craving a regular slice of cheesecake (instead of cheesecake mousse), but don’t want the carbs, I make my 5 Ingredient Low Carb Mini Cheesecakes. These cute individual-sized cheesecakes are really just cheesecake filling baked in cupcake liners, no crust needed!
Low Carb Cheesecake Mousse
Ingredients for this Low Carb No Bake Cheesecake Mousse Recipe:
- Full-fat organic grass-fed cream cheese
- Granulated stevia
- Pure vanilla extract
- Vanilla bean paste
- Organic grass-fed heavy cream
How to Make Low Carb No Bake Cheesecake Mousse:
There are basically two easy steps to make this recipe:
- Beat the cream cheese together with the sweetener and any flavorings (such as vanilla).
- Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture.
Carbs in Strawberries
Most of the carbs in this dessert come from the fresh strawberry sauce, so an easy way to reduce the carbs is to reduce or omit the sauce! However, I find that even just a little bit of strawberry sauce adds a ton of flavor.
- .99g protein
- 0g total fat
- 13.01g total carbohydrates
- 2.9g fiber
- 10.11g net carbs
- Strawberry Sauce:
- 1 cup strawberry puree (about 2 cups of fresh washed, hulled local strawberries mashed with a potato masher)
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon granulated stevia (more or less to taste; or use your sweetener of choice)
- 8 oz (227 g) full-fat organic grass-fed cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon granulated stevia (more or less to taste; or use your sweetener of choice)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon vanilla bean paste (or use an additional ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract)
- 1 cup (237 ml) organic grass-fed heavy cream
- Stir together all ingredients for the strawberry sauce and set aside for now.
- Unwrap the cream cheese, place it in a large bowl, and microwave on high for 30 seconds to soften it. Add the stevia, vanilla extract, and vanilla bean paste, and beat with a handheld electric mixer until smooth.
- Beat the heavy cream to stiff peaks in a medium bowl. Beat ¼ of the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture until smooth. Use a rubber spatula to fold in the remaining whipped cream ¼ at a time.
- Transfer the mousse to 4 individual glasses or bowls and top with the strawberry sauce.
- Serve, or cover and keep refrigerated up to 3 days before serving.
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon affiliate links to products we believe in, which means that even though it doesn’t cost you anything extra, Healthy Sweet Eats will receive a small amount of money from the sale of these items.