Low-Carb No-Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Mousse has just 5g net carbs per serving (net carbs = total carbs – fiber), which is much less than a traditional cheesecake, but it’s every bit as satisfying! To reduce the carbs even more, make half a batch of the strawberry sauce.
It doesn’t happen all that often, but I love when I have a dessert epiphany and come up with a single recipe that lends itself so well to tons of different – yet all equally delicious – variations of itself. Like the perfect brownie base that you can add whatever you want to, addictive little dried fruit and nut bites that you can switch up to suit your fancy, or a really great all-purpose cookie dough (I’m still working on developing my favorite healthy all-purpose cookie dough!).
For me, my Low-Carb No-Bake Buttermint Cheesecake Mousse is that type of recipe. I’ve made at least 15 different fruit, chocolate, coconut, nut butter, etc. versions of it and it never gets old. If you’re a cheesecake-lover, I think you’ll adore this low-carb version that features seasonal strawberries.
To reduce the amount of carbs even more, only make half the sauce. This dessert is similar to what is known as a “fat bomb” in the keto world; a great way to add healthy fats into your diet.
- Yields: 6 servings
- Serving size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 287
- Fat: 29
- Saturated fat: 13
- Trans fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 6
- Sugar: 6
- Sodium: 133
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 3
- Cholesterol: 75
- 1 cup strawberry puree (about 2 cups of fresh washed, hulled local strawberries mashed with a potato masher)
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated stevia (more or less to taste; or use your sweetener of choice)
- 8 oz (227 g) full-fat organic grass-fed cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon granulated stevia (more or less to taste; or use your sweetener of choice)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste (or use an additional 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract)
- 1 cup (237 ml) organic grass-fed heavy cream
- Stir together all ingredients for the strawberry sauce and set aside for now.
- Unwrap the cream cheese, place it in a large bowl, and microwave on high for 30 seconds to soften it. Add the stevia, vanilla extract, and vanilla bean paste, and beat with a handheld electric mixer until smooth.
- Beat the heavy cream to stiff peaks in a medium bowl. Beat 1/4 of the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture until smooth. Use a rubber spatula to fold in the remaining whipped cream 1/4 at a time.
- Transfer the mousse to 4 individual glasses or bowls and top with the strawberry sauce.
- Serve, or cover and keep refrigerated up to 3 days before serving.