This Keto Vanilla Cupcakes recipe has rich, buttery vanilla flavor and moist, tender texture. These cupcakes are easy to make, perfect for any occasion, and sure to be your new favorite!
Delicious buttery rich vanilla-scented yellow cake or cupcakes is a classic favorite.
It’s versatile and perfect for so many occasions!
Add sprinkles to make funfetti cake to celebrate a birthday. Frost yellow cake with chocolate ganache or chocolate buttercream for a classic chocolate + yellow cake combo. Use a fluffy vanilla buttercream to keep it elegant.
Or skip the frosting; these vanilla cupcakes are that good!
These Keto Vanilla Cupcakes have a rich buttery flavor with a subtle vanilla almond aroma and a tender, moist crumb. They’re easy to make, and the recipe is easy to double. Look no further for your new favorite keto cupcakes.
The Best Keto Vanilla Cupcakes Recipe
Ingredients in Keto Vanilla Cupcakes
- Unsalted butter
- Powdered monk fruit/allulose sweetener
- Whole milk
- Vanilla extract
- Apple cider vinegar
- Liquid stevia extract
- Almond extract
- Almond flour
- Golden flaxseed meal
- Tapioca flour
- Baking powder
- Psyllium husk powder
How to Make Keto Vanilla Cupcakes
- Whisk together the butter, sweetener, egg, milk, vanilla, vinegar, stevia extract, and almond extract in a large bowl.
- The mixture will look lumpy and curdled; this is fine.
- Whisk in the almond flour, golden flaxseed meal, tapioca flour, baking powder, salt, and psyllium husk powder to combine.
- The batter will be thick.
- Immediately scoop the batter into the prepared muffin tray, and let it rest for 2 minutes.
- Bake until the cupcakes are golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 18 to 20 minutes. Let the cupcakes cool. If desired, frost them with Keto Vanilla Buttercream Frosting.
How to Store Vanilla Cupcakes
If you leave these cupcakes unfrosted, store them in an airtight food storage container at room temperature for up to 3 days. After that, move them to the fridge and store them for up to 4 days more.
If you frost these cupcakes, store them in an airtight food storage container in the fridge for up to 1 week. Let them sit at room temperature for 10 minutes before serving so the buttercream can soften.
Variations on This Recipe
- Swap out the extracts. Instead of vanilla and almond extract, use any extract or flavoring you like.
- Make it fruity. Add up to ½ cup of blueberries, raspberries, or chopped strawberries.
- Simulate banana bread. Add ½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, and 1 teaspoon banana extract.
Tips for Making This Keto Vanilla Cupcakes Recipe
- Measure the ingredients. Baking is very precise and even just a slight alteration to ratios can throw off a recipe. Because of this, it’s very helpful to use a kitchen scale to measure ingredients.
- Don’t skip ingredients. This recipe makes a small batch of keto cupcakes, so some of the ingredients are very small amounts. They are in there for a reason though! To make sure your cupcakes come out absolutely moist, tender, and deliciously flavorful, don’t skip ingredients.
- Easily make a bigger batch. As written, this keto cupcakes recipe only makes 5 cupcakes. The good thing is, it’s very easy to double or even triple, depending on how many servings you need.
More Keto Cake Recipes to Make
- Keto Carrot Cake
- Chocolate Keto Mug Cake
- Coffee Cake
- Low Carb Devil’s Food Cake Cupcakes with Crème Fraiche Frosting