Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Keto Fat Bombs are creamy, rich, and flavorful with brown sugar and vanilla just like regular cookie dough, but without the sugar crash. Each fat bomb has just 87 calories and 1g net carbs!
We all have one or two desserts that we just can’t pass up. Maybe it’s New York-style cheesecake, or a hot fudge sundae or carrot cake (we even sometimes try to convince ourselves that the last one is healthy, right? Because forget all the sugar, flour, and unhealthy fats, when dessert has a carrot in it, it must be healthy, lol).
For me, that one dessert is cookie dough.
Notice I didn’t even say cookies, it’s just the dough. Because for some reason I can’t quite understand, there’s something magical about a spoon – or three – of raw dough.
And I’m not picky when it comes to dough! Chocolate chip is my all-time favorite, but to me they're all good. Sugar cookie dough, molasses crinkle dough, triple chocolate dough; I have to find a cookie dough I didn’t like, lol.
The thing about keto and low-carb eating is that if you focus on what you can have instead of what you can’t, you don't feel deprived.
Of course you can buy a tube of pre-made chocolate chip cookie dough from the grocery store. But instead, you can choose to nourish yourself with grass-fed fats in the keto version of a decadent favorite - cookie dough!
The Best Recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Keto Fat Bombs
The ingredient list of this cookie dough is pretty basic, but it’s so much more delicious than anticipated. I’ve tried a lot of keto fat bombs in the past couple years and I would have to say this recipe is my favorite!
You can keep a batch of these on hand for those times when you're craving something sweet or just feel like indulging while staying on-track. These are ridiculously satisfying in a way that regular (sugar crash-inducing) cookie dough will never be!
Cookie Dough Fat Bombs Ingredients
- Cream cheese
- Unsweetened almond butter
- Monkfruit/allulose sweetener
- Keto brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Keto chocolate chips
How to Make Fat Bombs
- Cream together all the base ingredients.
- Stir in the chocolate chips (or other additions, such as shredded coconut, chopped nuts, etc.).
- Chill, and then scoop into portions!
How to Store Fat Bombs
Store fat bombs in an airtight food storage container in the fridge for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 6 moths.
Variations on This Recipe
- Nut butter. Instead of unsweetened almond butter, try it with pecan or hazelnut butter.
- Or go for the classic chocolate + peanut butter combo. Note that peanut butter is higher in carbs than other nut butters (well, technically peanuts are a legume), but if you can fit it into your macros use peanut butter butter instead of almond butter.
- Coconut. If you like Almond Joy candy bars, add 3 tablespoons of unsweetened shredded coconut.
- Add crunch. Add up to ¼ cup of your favorite chopped nuts.
Tips for Making Keto Fat Bombs
- Make sure the cream cheese and butter are both at room temperature so they blend well. This will help your fat bombs be as smooth and creamy as possible.
- Don't skip the chill time before scooping the dough into portions. This helps the dough stiffen up so it's easy to scoop.
- I like to use a 1.5-tablespoon scoop to measure the dough.
- Once the dough is scooped, put it on paper candy liners.
- These Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Fat Bombs should be stored in the fridge.
- Let these sit at room temperature for about 10 minutes before serving to soften them a bit.
Keto Fat Bombs FAQs
What are Fat Bombs?
Fat bombs are a low carb, high fat snack. They typically have as few carbs as possible (usually 0g net carbs to 1g net carbs), and contain 85 to 90% fat. Ingredients such as coconut, avocado, cream cheese, butter, coconut oil, nut butter, cheese, etc. are common in fat bombs.
They come in a variety of both sweet and savory flavors!
What is the Purpose of a Keto Fat Bomb?
They are a tool to help make sure that you're getting in enough fat to remain in a state of nutritional ketosis.
A secondary function in addition to helping someone who is following a ketogenic diet stay in ketosis is that fat bombs are a great way to satisfy a craving.
Next time you're feeling snacky between meals, try these Chocolate Chip Fat Bombs if you're craving cookie dough and watch your cravings disappear!
Do You Keep Fat Bombs in the Freezer?
Yes! You can store these fat bombs in the fridge for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
To store fat bombs in the freezer, I like to flash freeze them first. To do so, arrange them on a large baking tray and freeze until solid (about 2 hours). Then layer them between wax paper in a food storage container. Label the container with the date and contents, and freeze for up to 6 months!
More Keto Treats to Try
- Mini Keto Cheesecake Recipe
- Syrniki (Cheese Pancakes)
- Fudgy Keto Brownies
- Coconut Hazelnut Espresso Chocolate Keto Bark
- Keto Donuts
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Keto Fat Bombs
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 18 servings 1x
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Keto Fat Bombs are creamy, rich, and flavorful with brown sugar and vanilla just like regular cookie dough, but without the sugar crash!
- 4 ounces cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened runny almond butter
- 3 tablespoons powdered monk fruit/allulose sweetener
- ½ tablespoon keto brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons stevia-sweetened chocolate chips (or chopped chocolate (divided))
- In a large bowl, use a handheld electric mixer to cream together the cream cheese and butter, and then beat in the almond butter, monk fruit/allulose sweetener, keto brown sugar, vanilla, and salt. Fold in 4 tablespoons of chocolate chips, reserving 1 tablespoon for topping.
- Cover and refrigerate until the dough is firm enough to scoop into balls, about 2 to 4 hours.
- Use a 1.5-tablespoon scoop to scoop the dough into 18 equal portions. Sprinkle the remaining 1 tablespoon chocolate chips on top, and store the fat bombs covered in the fridge.
- Net Carbs: 1g per fat bomb
- Use grass-fed cream cheese and butter if possible.
- If you can find keto mini chocolate chips, they work well for this recipe.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dessert, Snack
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 87
- Sugar: 1
- Sodium: 38
- Fat: 9
- Saturated Fat: 4
- Carbohydrates: 2
- Fiber: 1
- Protein: 2
- Cholesterol: 14
Keywords: Fat Bombs, Fat Bombs Recipe, Keto Fat Bombs
This post was first published on Healthy Sweet Eats on February 1, 2018. It was updated with more information on August 12, 2021.
For a former sugar addict, these sound delicious, but where did the carbs from the molasses go?
Gigi, Thanks so much, these are so yummy especially if you like cookie dough. The 2.5 grams of carbohydrates from 1/2 teaspoon molasses is included in the nutrition information for the recipe. Each serving (1 ball) has 2g carbs. I hope this helps!